Monday, October 1, 2012

15 Pillows I love this Fall

I love fall. It is, hands down, my favorite season. Melissa over at The Inspired Room  is hosting a fall nesting series and it got me thinking about the things I love most about fall too-- the clean, crisp air, the vibrant colors of the leaves, and the little pops of green that have not yet left for the winter. And, once I started thinking about it, I realized how much these things influenced the pillows I made this season too. 


It is no surprise that F. Schumacher noted that tangerine orange is the "it" color of the season. I can't say that I disagree- I LOVE this color! It really adds a bit of fun to any room. And, I have paired it with blue, green, red, tan, grey and white-- it is much more versatile than I would have thought. 



 

 






And, its not just the oranges that I love this fall...  I can't help but make a few yellow and red pillows in honor of the trees I see every year in my neighborhood too. I can't take any credit for them-- but I do love driving through the canopy of colors during those few beautiful weeks every fall. 







 






And, I know many of us go for the warm tones each fall but this year I am noticing all of those little pops of greens too. I am savoring them as I know they will soon disappear. So, this year I made a few pillows with just a touch of green. I am adding a few to my house too; I think it will ground all of the warm colors and keep it interesting. I will let you know.




















That's the simple pleasure of pillows... such an easy change that turns a breezy, summer home into a warm, welcoming fall retreat with all of the colors of the season!
Enjoy.


To see these pillows and more, visit The Pillow Studio  on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment