Thursday, May 16, 2013

Surprise Details for Those Who Pay Attention

Someone on Etsy just requested two pillows from this gorgeous Kelly Wearstler Bengal Bazaar fabric. And, as I was cutting the fabric I realized I could include a really fun custom detail. Can you see what it is?




I was able to match the reverse patterns on this ikat fabric so that the front of the pillow has more of the grey ikat while the back has more of the ivory ikat. Its a subtle and simple detail but its fun and it looks so cool from the side...



Wah lah... grey ikat perfection.


What do you think? 

(Want to see more details? Click here.)

4 comments:

  1. Well done! At first I thought you meant it was like a Rorschach test and was squinting trying to find the butterfly ;) I love these colors, very pretty and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and the detail you created makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such beautiful fabric! I was looking for pictures too; I saw a greenman face:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking rorsharc as well, pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete