Friday, April 12, 2013

Before and After: Living Room

I knew this room had the potential to be one of those rooms that I would never want to leave but it just felt so dark and heavy--even though it had loads of windows. So, I decided to draw the light in by adding a lighter sofa and chair and by using a natural sisal rug... then we painted the dark wood (I know, I know... but it looks SO much better!). Now I think this living room is  light, airy and totally inviting. I love it. And, I never want to leave. 

Before -- A room filled with dark wood and no light.

After -- Painted wood and light furnishings make the room feel sun kissed.

Before -- Ick. Need I say more?

After --  Many hours will be spent cuddling up with my two favorite pillows and reading in front of this fire.

And, of course, I love that a neutral pallete allows me to change a few pillows whenever I find a new favorite fabric ... 


Want to see more? Check out The Pillow Studio on Etsy.







5 comments:

  1. your lighting fixtures are so pretty
    its so cozy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! It's like night and day (literally). What a gorgeous space, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is an amazing makeover! I live in a craftsman style home, with a very similar fireplace/mantle/cabinet wall. My wood is more medium brown and I'm leaving it, but the brown walls in here have to go! I've been saying that forever and just can't seem to get them painted! What color did you use on your walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbi. I used a custom paint color on the wall but it is very close to Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware.

      Delete
  4. I love it! It would give me pause painting my woodwork but, I am loving your beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete